Your security is our priority. When you bank with Banner Capital Bank, your identity and account details are protected by layers of security. Protecting your identity and finances is a joint effort. We work around the clock to keep you safe, but you also have an important role to play.
Key online and mobile banking tips.
- Protect yourself by arming yourself with accurate knowledge. You can find articles online on how to spot potential scams, all the way to some of the best practices you can use while using a mobile device in public areas.
- Avoiding scams. Trust your gut and know tips and tricks on how to tell who you are actually talking to, and how to know if the website you are entering your debit or credit card information is secure.
- Protect your devices. This comes down to how to prevent shoulder surfing, and precautions to take when using public WIFI.
- Check your credit card and bank account transactions regularly. With Banner Capital Banks online and mobile banking you can easily check your account 24/7. With your online and mobile banking, you are able to set up email alerts to show large withdrawals or low balances.
- Update your passwords regularly. Laptops, desktops, and most mobile payment systems still rely on passwords to authenticate your identity. Experts urge consumers to practice good password techniques. A strong Password has a minimum of 12 characters, and should have a mix of different types of characters, to include numbers, upper and lower-case letters, symbols, punctuation. It is also highly recommended to change your passwords on a regular basis, and use different passwords for each website or service to increase account security.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are right around the corner, which means you are probably already overwhelmed by the number of deals you are already seeing. As you are preparing to hunt for the best shopping deals, remember all the scammers of the world are gearing up to potentially grab your personal information.
Remember Banner Capital Bank will never contact you via unsolicited email, text, or phone calls. We will never ask you for sensitive information such as passwords or PINs. If you get a call, voicemail, email or text message from someone claiming to be from Banner Capital Bank and you think it is suspicious, please contact us immediately using the information posted on our website, or on the back of your debit card.